Location: Corporate Office
Date: August 2019
Reports To: Controller
SCOPE: Reports directly to the Controller with a close working relationship with the Finance Manager and CFO and Financial Analyst located in Canada. Also, a close working relationship with the Director of Human Resources and HR Specialist.
SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS: To manage and monitor all transactional data (including A/R, A/P, Payroll and Cash) entered into the accounting systems by enforcing accounting policies in accordance with US GAAP and ensuring financial data is available timely and accurately.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
- Maintain company accounting principles, practices and procedures.
- Monitor internal controls to ensure that financial statements are fairly stated in accordance with GAAP.
- Overall responsibility for providing accurate, timely financial information, general accounting functions related to accounts payable, payroll, deferred revenue, accounts receivable, collections and disbursements.
- Prepare journal entries related to payroll, A/R, A/P and cash with corresponding financial analyses and reconciliations to the general ledger.
- Process payroll for approximately 200 associates via 3rd party processor on a weekly basis including coordination with HR on annual payroll and benefit-related audit reports.
- Assist the Controller and Finance Manager in generating the monthly operations packet for VP, CFO, President and Board.
- Assist in preparation of annual operating budgets and forecasts.
- Assist with year-end external audit.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree with a concentration in accounting
- Professional designation and/or graduate work preferred.
- 5+ years of progressive accounting roles including exposure to all required functions.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and present financial reports and analyses.
- Proficient at Excel and other Microsoft Office Tools.
- Quick learner
- Professional, trustworthy, positive attitude, energetic
- Must be able to multi-task as well as pay attention to details with extreme accuracy.
- Strong organization, analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Collaborative team player, working well with others in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility and willingness to adjust quickly to changing priorities.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and listening).
- Strong Microsoft skills, including advanced level Excel.
Office-Heated and Cooled
PPE Required: Required only when on shop floor.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, gender identity
or sexual orientation, creed, sex, disability, marital status,
citizenship status, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.