The Quality Technician is responsible for assisting with the quality and engineering functions for the Decatur Plant. Each employee is responsible for and has the necessary authority to ensure quality. This position is designed to provide auditing and testing information, and all assistance to achieve the plant’s quality goals.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
- Prepare test samples for mechanical testing using circular and table saws.
- Conduct a variety of mechanical tests on Production material to ensure the product meets minimum properties. This may include inbound materials from vendors and outbound products for shipping.
- Ensure all mechanical test results are entered into the ERP system accurately.
- Ensure that all the quality check procedures put in place by the company are followed during every production phase by conducting daily periodic audits.
- Document quality issues and communicate quality issues with Production. Note the corrective actions that were taken.
- Educate the production team on quality control issues and work with departmental managers to improve overall company safety and product quality.
- Audit process checklists and coordinate quality inspections with departmental managers.
- Work cooperatively with the production team to meet quotas and goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience as an Inspection or Quality Technician.
- Understanding of advanced mathematical concepts.
- Ability to use precision measuring equipment and accurately measure products using calipers, micrometers, and other devices.
- High-level of visual awareness.
- Advanced organizational skills.
- Experience drafting reports and collating data.
- Ability to use a computer, especially Microsoft Office WORD, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to work alone with minimal supervision.
- Ability to analyze and interpret technical information.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
SKILLS AND EDUCATION
- High School Diploma/GED
- Ability to achieve forklift and crane certifications (prior forklift and side-loader experience a plus).
- Manufacturing experience working in industrial production is strongly preferred.
- Must be available for nights and weekends with occasional overtime.
- Capable of reading and understanding production documents and safety manuals.
- Basic math, reading, and writing skills.
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to always comply with safety policies.
- Positive attitude and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Attend all safety and production trainings.
- You will need to be reliable and punctual.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS
- Ability to work on the production floor with exposure to dust, fumes, odors, loud noise and varying temperatures.
- Ability to perform physical tasks that are repetitive.
- Ability to do work requiring standing with frequent stooping, bending, reaching overhead and sufficient manual dexterity to perform all aspects of the job.
- Ability to lift, move parts and equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Able to work 12-hour shifts primarily standing.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, gender identity or sexual orientation, creed, sex, disability, marital status, citizenship status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.