Human Resource Director
The Human Resource (HR) Director will be responsible for developing and implementing the organization’s overall HR strategy, with a focus on staffing, recruiting, and retention. The HR Directors will also lead, direct, develop, and coordinate the policies, activities, and staff of the Human Resource department, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organization’s mission and talent strategy.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the organization’s goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Plans, develops and establishes policies and objectives of function in accordance with objectives and strategic goals of the organization.
- Prepares recommendations for implementation of procedures or organizational changes.
- Assists in Executive Compensation recommendations and guidelines.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Develops and implements departmental budget.
- Evaluates human relations and work-related problems and meets with supervisors, managers, and executives to determine effective remediation techniques, such as job skill training or personal intervention, to resolve human relations issues among personnel that adversely affect employee morale and productivity.
- Reviews all EEOC issues.
- Recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
- Involved in terminations and termination decisions within organization.
- Contracts with outside suppliers to provide employee services, such as relocation services.
- Manages Performance Management System.
- Responsible for development and application of techniques of job analysis, job descriptions, evaluation, grading, and pricing in order to determine and convert relative job worth into monetary values to be administered according to pay-scale guidelines and policy.
- Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organization’s human resource information system (HRIS) or talent management system.
- Monitors and ensures the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Facilitates professional development, training, and certification activities for HR staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for calculation of various cost savings analysis when necessary.
- Reviews and approves benefit plan design and changes.
- Manages the administration, communication and roll out of Qualified Plans (401(k), pension), Health/Welfare Plans (health, dental, vision, flexible spending plans) and optional life insurance, company provided life insurance and disability plans.
- Ensures programs are current with regard to trend, practices and costs with Carriers and Brokers and Manufacturing sector.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least five years of human resource management experience required.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly preferred.
Essential Physical Functions:
- When required, the ability to work on the production floor with exposure to dust, fumes, odors, loud noise, and varying temperatures.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds at times.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, gender identity or sexual orientation, creed, sex, disability, marital status, citizenship status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.