Installs, diagnoses and repairs electrical and electro-mechanical systems and apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment including PLC controllers, servo-hydraulic systems and production CNC machinery, following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints and other specifications using hand tools, power tools and electrical and electronic test equipment.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs periodic maintenance and calibration on complex electrical and electromechanical systems.
- Installs power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment, such as robots, conveyors and programmable controllers, following electrical code and blueprints, using hand tools and voltage tester.
- Connects power supply wires to machines and equipment and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment, following manuals, schematic diagrams and blueprints, using hand tools and test equipment.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus, such as transformers, motors, motor drives, electrical converters, using test equipment and replaces damaged or broken equipment, wires and cables, using hand tools.
- Tests malfunctioning machinery, using test equipment and discusses malfunction with other maintenance workers, such as MACHINE REPAIRER, MAINTENANCE and TOOL MAKER, MAINTENANCE, to diagnose malfunction.
- Replaces faulty electrical components of machine, such as relays, switches and motors, drives and positions sensing devices, using hand tools.
- Diagnoses and repairs or replaces faulty electronic components, such as printed circuit boards.
- May diagnose and replace faulty mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic components of machines and equipment.
- May be required to hold electrician’s license.Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Relevant industrial/educational certifications.
- 5 to 10+ years experience required.
- Strong knowledge of OSHA safety regulations and stay up-to-date on changes to safety policies.