SCOPE: Manages the control of all goods and services procured by Wolverine Industries at the Decatur, AL facility. Manages the inventory and turnover processes for raw material, work in process, finished goods, spare parts, and packaging.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
- Ensures requests for purchase conform to the purchasing policy and that authorization level needed to buy has been satisfied.
- Initiates purchase orders with established vendors, controls the establishment of new vendors and obtains multiple quotes to determine best value for goods and services.
- Assists with designing and maintaining process flow of goods through the production and accounting systems while assuring the accuracy of physical and perpetual inventory counts.
- Analyzes inventory turnover based on sales and production estimates with consideration of lead time and safety stock to maintain minimum stock needs on site.
- Works closely with vendors and shipping/receiving department to safeguard favorable working relationships between Wolverine Industries and our suppliers. Validates receiving processes to confirm accuracy of goods received against orders and manages the return and credit of non-conforming materials.
- Assists the controller with valuation of weekly inventories on-site, in transit and at sub-contractor sites.
- Maintains organized control of incoming and outgoing documentation as needed for accounting.
- Provides Ad Hoc Reports related to inventory, cost and variances to budget as needed by management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 5+ years’ experience as a buyer in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field (preferred).
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with acute attention to detail.
- Intermediate knowledge of manufacturing ERP/MRP systems and processes.
- Adept with MS Office applications (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- General knowledge of US GAAP accounting.
- Ability to manage time and resources with limited direct supervision in an energetic manufacturing environment.
- Available to work occasional weekends related to inventory physical counts.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Download the complete job description